Re: [efax-users] Auto answer

Todd Hausser wrote:
Bob,

I'm by no means an expert with Linux.  Have you looked at your efax.rc
file.  Debian puts it in /etc/efax.rc.  This file has to be setup
properly if you plan to use efax once the machine is up.  I have found
you need to reboot the machine before you see changes in efax.  Again,
there may be a better way, but that has been my experience, make a
change and reboot the box.

Hope this helps,

Todd Hausser

Todd,

I'm brand new to Linux, so you're doing better than I am.

I didn't find a file named /etc/efax.rc, but I did find /etc/efax-gtk.rc. Since I'm using efax-gtk as the front end for efax that seemed reasonable to me, but maybe I'm wrong. I looked through the file, and it looked to me as if it set the defaults for the program. Changes in efax-gtk don't seem to be reflected back in /etc/efax.rc, so I'm not sure how that helps or how I would need to change it.

Rebooting after making a change was often required in Windows, so I've assumed it worked the same in PCLinux.

Bob