[efax-users] Re: setting efax for isdn card

Bob,

didn't you, trebor iksrazal <iksrazal@xxxxxxxxx>, write
on Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:07:37 -0700 (PDT):

> "somefile" is the file you want to fax - not a
> logfile. I'll throw some commands at you, not knowing
> your state of "newbie" status. You may already know
> this but there is no need for extentions like .txt on
> *nix.

timon is a text file. I give it a path with no particular improvement.
Since I was working in teh dir where teh timon file was, I skipped the
path.

> You either don't have a modem, or it is not on that
> device. Notice how I get the same response when I
> switch my device to /dev/ttyS0 .

Well I certainly have no modem, just an isdn card. Maybe this card has a
driver that enables it to send and receive fax on Win.

> My guess here is that you are still trying to send via
> isdn, but in fact you are following my advice for a
> modem, which you do not have.
>
> Fear not!!! The web is a good resource for this kind
> of thing, and lots of people have similair desires:
>
> http://www.isdn4linux.de/faq/i4lfaq-3.html#ss3.4
>
> http://www.muc.de/~hm/linux/linux-isdn.html

I'm going to have a look around.

Best wishes to Brasil - they do play better than we do (at least this
year),

Tsoj