Re: [efax-users] Faxes printing too big

Hi,

The problem is probably related to the resolution at which the
fax was received.  High-resolution faxes are 200x200 dpi, while
low-resolution are 100 (vertical) x 200 (horizontal) dpi.

If you are using the 'fax' script, efix will (should) take into
account the vertical resolution stored in the TIFF file when
deciding how to scale the image for printing.

However, there are many programs that can't handle TIFF files
with different horizontal and vertical resolutions.  In this case
the vertical scaling will be incorrect on faxes received in one
resolution or the other.

--
Ed Casas  edc@xxxxxxx   http://www.cce.com