Re: [efax-users] fax forward does not work

Hi Jeffrey,

> I have a minor problem with efax. It sends me notification of a fax with
> the name of the fax but no attachment. The attachment icon appears on
> the email message but no fax.

This is a problem with the fax script's MIME encapsulation:

Q: The fax script is set to email me the results as tiff
attachments - but only the first page of the fax arrives as an
attachment.  The subject line lists (correctly) the total number
of pages however.  What's wrong?

A: It might be a problem with the way the files are attached.
The first version of the fax script separated files in a way that
was not understood by all e-mail software.

Subsitute a fixed "faxmail()" function into the fax script.  For
example, use the following:

# -------- functions

faxmail () {
   echo "Subject: fax/message from $REMID : $FILES"
   echo "Mime-Version: 1.0"
   echo "Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=EFAX_MAIL"
   echo ""
   echo "--EFAX_MAIL"
   echo "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=\"us-ascii\""
   echo "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit"
   echo ""
   cat $f
   for f in $FILES
   do
     echo "--EFAX_MAIL"
     echo "Content-Type: image/tiff; name=\"$f.tiff\""
     echo "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64"
     echo "Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"$f.tiff\""
     echo ""
     $EFIX -M <$f
   done
   echo "--EFAX_MAIL--"
}

> Also the remote fax id comes in as ? and it the machine has an id
> programmed.

Check the (verbose) log file.  It contains all the information
reported by the remote fax machine.

--
Ed Casas  edc@xxxxxxx   http://www.cce.com