[efax-users] Re: setting efax for isdn card

You might want to try the -d option, or DEV= using
fax, which I think the example shows, and allows you
to chosse your device. I know nothing about isdn (it
still does nothing?), and I am only on the list from a
previous problem (very little traffic). I am using
dsl. The man page explains the options. For example,

efax -o0 -d /dev/ttyS1 -t T5551212 somefile

Note these options are for a particular class modem.

For fax, something like the following although I never
could figure out the correct option with my class of
modem(your options will differ):

fax DEV=ttyS1 s -v 5551212 somefile

I may be wrong here, but while isdn may provide your
access to the internet, similair as in my case with
dsl, you would still need to connect to a POTS (plain
old telephone service) line to do a fax - you need to
dial to another phone for the fax, right? Maybe I'll
learn that it is possible and one of the reasons I
replied.

For which port your modem is connected to, try
dmesg | grep tty
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A

I'm using rh, but while the device names may be
different irq3 and 4 are very standard.

iksrazal