[efax-users] Auto answer

I'm trying to set up efax in PCLinux to automatically answer an incoming fax independently of who is logged on or even if no one is logged on. If I understand the documentation correctly, adding the following line to the /etc/inittab file should do that:

        s1:45:respawn:/bin/sh /usr/bin/fax answer

Unfortunately, it doesn't. If I log on and manually set the efax-gtk to standby, it will automatically answer the modem until I log out. Once I log out, it stops answering until I log in and manually start it again. Rebooting doesn't make any difference.

Can anyone help?

Bob

p.s. This is my first experience with any form of Linux. I'm trying to find a Linux replacement that will provide the capabilities of Winfax Pro.