[efax-users] Re: Can't send fax as USER

Hi Rolf

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 21:36, Rolf Pedersen wrote:
> - snip -
> > # chown -R fax.fax /var/spool/fax
> > chown: `fax.fax': invalid user
> > # chown -R fax:fax /var/spool/fax
> > chown: `fax:fax': invalid user
> >
> > Could not proceed further
>
> I suspect this is because the group fax does not exist.  You could add
> groups with groupadd or, probably, the RH gui program.  What I am
> thinking is that the important part is a consistency between
> permissions, the files/directories used by efax, and the groups USER
> belongs to, whatever they are.

>From Konqueror I found

/var/spool/fax

right click /fax

Properties for fax - Konqueror --> Permissions

Access permissions
User and Group
"Show Entries", "Write Entries" and "Enter" -- All checked

Ownership
User : root
Group : uucp

> - snip -
>
> As I recall, one of the problems was with the lock file.  This makes me
> wonder if USER is a member of the lock group and whether that would
> matter.

Yes, you are correct.  When faxing as USER, a lock file created

/var/lock/LCK..modem

then it hangs there.  This is the cause and I could solve this problem

B.Regards
Stephen